Recently I have developed an interest in baking. I remember I have tried few times at home and failed. Always ending up with burnt brownies or muffins. Hehe. But since I’ve been following Buzzfeed, Tasty, and Taste Made, they always make it look so easy and yummy too! So then I have decided to buy me a small oven and try out some baked stuff.
It has been my mission to perfect the chocolate chip cookies that is really according to my taste. Not too sweet, crunchy on the edges but soft in the middle. Nothing beats a freshly baked cookie for a little snack along with a cup of tea or coffee.
Now I want to share with you the recipe that I try to follow to make this delicious snack to pair with your afternoon breaks whether from work or just a lazy afternoon at home.
Ingredients: (yield 20pcs)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 + tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs (room temp)
1/2 + 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup + 6 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butter and let sit until room temperature
- Whisk dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking, soda) – set aside
- On a separate mixing bowl, mix the sugars (use a whisk to break up the clumps)
- Add the melted butter to the sugars
- Add one of the eggs to the sugar-butter mixture and whisk until mixed in
- Add the second egg and vanilla extract and whisk them both until totally combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture. Fold until combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl
- Add chocolate chips. Stir until even
- Scoop onto a tray and chill
- Bake at 180c for 15-20mins
Let me know if you tried to re-create the recipe or if you have other suggestions