You might be wondering why ‘Of magic, wonder and hope’. Well, I have been thinking of what blog name I should use and believe me, I have scribbled a ton of choices and nothing seems to fit the idea. But come one morning, I was browsing from Facebook news feed and came across with this article from Thought Catalog — 10 Things God Wants You To Remember When Life Gets Rough and this has struck me the most and have pinned it on my sticky notes ever since I read it. I don’t know but somehow I truly believe that our God is a God of magic, wonder and hope.
Here is the article which you might find interesting as well if you are going through a tough time right now.
1. He is listening. He is listening to your prayers, your fears, your pain and your silence. He is listening to what you are asking for and in time he will either give you what you were asking for or something much better.
2. He is making you stronger. With every unanswered prayer, with every disappointment, with every hurdle, with every loss, he is making you stronger. He is giving you the strength you need so you can be a strong mother, a strong father, a strong wife, a strong husband, a strong daughter, a strong son, and a strong friend.
3. He has a better plan for you. He knows what’s better for you, he knows what you need not what you want. He is planning the perfect timing for your life. The timing of your love, the timing of your career, and the timing of your miracle.
4. He will answer your questions. He will show you why you didn’t get that job, or why it didn’t work out with that one person. He will show you why you lost a loved one, why he broke your heart or why he tested you so much. He will make things clear to you and you will thank him for it.
5. He will heal you. He will heal your broken heart, he will ease your restless mind, and he will solve the mystery of your puzzled thoughts. He wants you to be patient but he will always fix you.
6. He wants you to trust him. He wants you to have faith in Him, he wants you to leave the big things — the uncontrollable things up to him, he wants you to believe in him, he wants you to go back to him when you think you have no one and he wants you to trust that he will provide for you when you lose everything. He will always rescue you before you drown.
7. He wants you to know you’re never alone. He is always there with you; when you’re scared or confused, he is there with you. When you’re afraid of the dark, he is there you. When you are crying late at night and you think no one can hear you, he can hear you. When you’ve given up on your life and on love and think you have no one, you have him. No matter where you are, he is always with you and he wants you to trust that he is enough.
8. He wants you to grow. He wants you to change, he wants you to learn things the hard way, he wants you to evolve, he wants you to step outside of your comfort zone, he wants you to lose your way so you can find him and find yourself. He wants you to be wise and strong and he wants you to prosper.
9. He wants you to know he loves you. He loves you more than you know, he may be hard on you sometimes but he loves you, he may not give you everything you asked for but he loves you. No matter how many mistakes you’ve made or how many times you got angry with him, he still loves you, he forgives you and he is turning your life around. He doesn’t love you for your money or your looks or your status, he loves you for you. God loves you more in a moment that anyone could in a lifetime.
10. He wants you to believe in miracles. He is bringing you small miracles so you can believe in the big miracles. In every dream of yours that come true, in every pleasant surprise you get, in every enlightening situation you encounter, in every person who moved you, in ever person you loved — he’s making miracles happen. He’s a God of magic, wonder and hope and you he wants you to believe that.